Date: February 12, 2018
Status: Open Position
About the Carlton Smith Music Group
Carlton Smith Music is about people. Our mission it to prepare artists and musicians for the new music business.
We do this by developing our clients to meet the needs of the new music industry, creating value in them to spur investment by prospective suitors of their music.
That’s why we work with our clients to bring their dreams to reality, focusing on where they want to be rather than where they are, creating strategic plans to achieve their goals. Our clients get the help they need moving from a do it yourself approach to a we’ll do it together approach. Carlton Smith music instantly provides what every artist and musician need, a team.
We blend the best of creative and analytical thinking moving the industry forward with the goal of becoming the nations emerging leader in music business. What we do is innovative and will fundamentally change the way music business is approached.
Carlton Smith Music is a company with heart, honesty and transparency with a commitment to being the best music consulting agency for artists, musicians and all people who work with us.
About the Carlton Smith Music Mentorship Program
Everyone needs a start. Whether you’re newly starting your professional career or a career professional looking for a change, the Carlton Smith Music Mentorship Program (CSMMP) offers applicants an opportunity to gain the experience needed to further their vocations. The CSMMP is a 12-month virtual internship with a commitment of 10 hours a week, offering candidates real world experience in the music industry.
The CSMMP goes beyond traditional internship programs placing mentees in key positions within the company creating experiences by which candidates can build impressive careers upon. The CSMMP places applicants in meaningful roles which may otherwise take years of experience to obtain. Upon completion of the program mentees receive a certificate of accomplishment as well as a written letter o recommendation for use in future job searches. Applicants are not required to be enrolled in a college program
We are looking for applicants that possess the following traits:
·Professional goals that align with Carlton Smith Music’s core values and business objectives
·Exceptional written/verbal communication skills
·Strong passion and knowledge of the music industry/media
·Prior work experience (part-time/summer) preferred
·Leadership experience on or off campus preferred
·Digital/technical savvy required.
·Able to complete tasks on a punctual and timely basis
·Ability to work well with others
You have amazing talent in organization, communication, and attention to details; your burning desire in in Marketing defines you as a go getter; you have a deep interest in and passion for the music industry.
Your Mission at Carlton Smith Music
The Marketing Coordinator is a key position in our company, working with a small, energetic team dedicated to moving the careers of music professionals forward.
You’ll be communicating regularly with our team virtually via Skype and telephone, working with them to ensure all marketing plans are created and executed. You will oversee all social media marketing to include coordination with web design team to ensure marketing strategies are represented in our web presence. You’ll also have consistent communications with other members of our team. We will depend on you to uphold high people, organization and multitasking skills.
What You’ll Do
• Assist President of the company in day-to-day functions involved in supporting the overall creation, planning, execution, and communication of Carlton Smith Music marketing campaigns, tactics, initiatives and product management inclusive of:
• Understand the overall business objectives of Carlton Smith Music and its clients by maintaining familiarity with and an understanding of the industry landscape.
• Track and monitor marketing activity and share this important information across the team
•Produce creative art requests for invitations, advertising, promotional tools etc.
• Oversee mailings from marketing department
• Create social media strategies for select projects and campaigns
•Create content for Carlton Smith Music’s website and social channels
•Write content for Carlton Smith Music’s newsletter
• Contribute ideas
• Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- A Minimum of 10 hours a week to complete tasks
- Knowledge of marketing principles
- Ability to work well with others.
- A Skype account.
- Advanced Excel a plus
- Strong administrative, analytical, communication, interpersonal and organization skills
What’s in It for you?
- On the ground experience in the music industry
- One on one mentoring with our executive music consultant
- Access to Carlton Smith Music sponsored events
- Stretch opportunities to grow you as a professional in the music business
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.