Date: February 11, 2018
Status: Open Position
A candidate with great computer and visual talent is needed to join the team to create cutting edge impactful and aesthetically pleasing images. The candidate will work with the web design team and marketing teams to create stunning visuals for use by the Carlton Smith Music Group for internal and external purposes to include clientele.
About the Carlton Smith Music Group
Carlton Smith Music is about people. Our mission it to prepare artists and musicians for the new music business.
We do this by developing our clients to meet the needs of the new music industry, creating value in them to spur investment by prospective suitors of their music.
That’s why we work with our clients to bring their dreams to reality, focusing on where they want to be rather than where they are, creating strategic plans to achieve their goals. Our clients get the help they need moving from a do it yourself approach to a we’ll do it together approach. Carlton Smith music instantly provides what every artist and musician need, a team.
We blend the best of creative and analytical thinking moving the industry forward with the goal of becoming the nations emerging leader in music business. What we do is innovative and will fundamentally change the way music business is approached.
Carlton Smith Music is a company with heart, honesty and transparency with a commitment to being the best music consulting agency for artists, musicians and all people who work with us.
About the Carlton Smith Music Mentorship Program
Everyone needs a start. Whether you’re newly starting your professional career or a career professional looking for a change, the Carlton Smith Music Mentorship Program (CSMMP) offers applicants an opportunity to gain the experience needed to further their vocations. The CSMMP is a 12-month virtual internship with a commitment of 10 hours a week, offering candidates real world experience in the music industry.
The CSMMP goes beyond traditional internship programs placing mentees in key positions within the company creating experiences by which candidates can build impressive careers upon. The CSMMP places applicants in meaningful roles which may otherwise take years of experience to obtain. Upon completion of the program mentees receive a certificate of accomplishment as well as a written letter o recommendation for use in future job searches. Applicants are not required to be enrolled in a college program
We are looking for applicants that possess the following traits:
·Professional goals that align with Carlton Smith Music’s core values and business objectives
·Exceptional written/verbal communication skills
·Strong passion and knowledge of the music industry/media
·Prior work experience (part-time/summer) preferred
·Leadership experience on or off campus preferred
·Digital/technical savvy required.
·Able to complete tasks on a punctual and timely basis
·Ability to work well with others
You have amazing talent in organization, communication, and attention to details; your proven experience in Graphic Design defines you as a professional; you have a deep interest in and passion for the music industry.
Your Mission at Carlton Smith Music
The Graphic Designer is a key position in our company, working with a small, energetic team dedicated to moving the careers of music professionals forward.
You’ll be communicating regularly with our team virtually via Skype and telephone, working to ensure all graphic design needs to include but not limited to Print and Web are completed. Collaborate with Marketing Web Design Teams to design images that convey the company’s mission. You’ll also have consistent communications with other members of our team. We will depend on you to uphold high people, organization and multitasking skills.
What You’ll Do
- Create graphics for Print and Web
- Collaborate with Marketing Team to design images that convey the company’s mission
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Completes projects by coordinating with other divisions in the company.
- Stay up to date with the latest design trends and technology
- Contributes to team by accomplishing other tasks as needed.
- Adobe Creative Suite or other Graphic Design software
- Current portfolio of work
- A Minimum of 10 hours a week to complete tasks
- Ability to work well with others.
- A Skype account.
- Advanced Excel a plus
- Strong administrative, analytical, communication, interpersonal and organization skills
What’s in It for you?
- On the ground experience in the music industry
- One on one mentoring with our Executive Music Consultant
- Access to Carlton Smith Music sponsored events
- Stretch opportunities to grow you as a professional in the music business
- A fun and respectful community of people with a passion for music
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company. Please submit resume, portfolio of work (If required) and cover letter to [email protected]